Monday, August 07, 2006

It's Howdy Doody Time!

Okay, so I lied.

I’m a little bummed out today, not because my muse is short-changing me on story ideas (I have four short stories on the go as we speak), but because I have zero ambition to finish them. Now that’s not to say that I don’t like them (I do), that they aren't interesting enough for me (they are), or that I don’t know where to take them (I know that as well). I just can’t seem to get past the first 1400 words. Perhaps what I need is a kick in the ass - a goal...which brings me to something I’ve been mulling over for the last few days: to sometime enter one of the many short story challenges on the writing forum.

We’ll see.

I also stared thinking about my previous flood entry today. Mainly, that someone might think I’m a pyromaniac. I’m not. What I was, was desperate. Now that’s not to say that I’ve never been in a desperate situation before. Just that I’d never thought of burning down the house before…or since. In fact, there was this one time when that had been the furthest thing from my mind, mostly because it would have been suicide to do so. Oddly enough, Mother Nature had been at fault for that one too, which is why I sometimes wonder if she really doesn’t have it out for me.

I heard on the radio the other day that Canada ranked in the top ten on the Happy Map for the happiest country to live in. I suppose that explains why one of my neighbours took an axe to my life-sized concrete deer in the front yard.

Go figure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

an axe?

*gulp*

Hawke said...

A wood splitter, really, which is somewhat like an axe only heavier. Nice, no?

My poor dear deer.

Ben said...

Concrete venison? Must've been famished.

My inspiration has also departed. I keep seeing its heels just ducking around the corner, but then it's gone. I finally grabbed some semblance of my muse when I decided to write a collection of fables. I'd suggest fables to anyone who's struggling with writer's block, as they're a great way to release creativity without having to think too hard.

Good luck.

Ben

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...